All of our previous LockdownLive! videos are online via YouTube or Facebook:
Thursday 18th March – El Maestro d’Argentina
Thursday 11th March – Chocks away – it’s Chardonnay!
Thursday 4th March – Oregon Evolution
Thursday 25 February – Quiz Night! – catch up on youtube.
Thursday 18 February – ‘Portugal -More than just Port’
- Aphros Loureiro Branco – Vinho Verde Branco – Vineyard proprietor Vasco Croft is very much a traditionalist, choosing to following organic and biodynamic principles at every corner making this an unusually full flavoured but still lower in alcohol vinho verde.
- Quinta da Vegia Solo Franco Dao The’Burgundy’ of Portugal from another producer trailblazing sustainable farming methods. This is a fine example of an elegant pinot noir style wine form the Dão regions, just south of Vinho Verde.
Thursday 11th February – ‘Turkish Delight’
- Kayra Beyaz Kalecik Karasi Rosé – Produced from a local grape that is known for its unique aroma and flavour, this rosé stands up well to food and manages to be both delicate and rich flavoured at the same time.
- *New* Kayra Kalecik Karasi – The same grape variety and from mostly the same vineyards, this is a bright fruity wine in the style reminiscent of Beaujolais. Packed with lingering ripe cherry flavours with silky soft tannins. Great with grilled or barbequed fish, lamb and roast duck.
Thursday 4th February – ‘Vegan-uary’
- *Saumur Champigny 2019, Domaine des Roches Neuve – The charismatic Thierry Germain produces impressive fresh, crunchy red wines and with every vintage, they seem to get better! His fruit-driven style will attract lovers of Burgundian red wines. He works following biodynamic principles and his wines are as chemically free as they come.
- Adaras Aldea Tinto 201, Almansa –We were bowled over when tasting this wine recently, so much so that we’ve brought it into the range. It adds to our organic range and has a really lovely mouthfeel. Grenache Tintorera blended with Syrah gives a lovely, rich appeal.
Thursday 21st January – ‘Dry January!’
- Tamar Ridge ‘Devil’s Corner’ Sauvignon Blanc – a delicious zest from Tasmania to kick us into 2021 – think fresh limes and grapefruit.
- Whitey Weisswein 2019, Mathias Warnung – it’s a great new wine from Austria, naturally produced (spontaneous fermentation), dry as a bone and a real curio.
Thursday 19th November – ‘The Italian Job!’
- Ciu Ciu – a soft, elegant white from the Marche region in the east – Trebbiano, Passerina, Pecorino grapes.
- Dolcetto – NEW from Piedmont – if you like your juicy reds with gentle tannins this is for you!
Wednesday 4 November – ‘Oh là là, c’est Cabernet!‘
We celebrate all things Cabernet in this Lockdown LIVE tasting in support of Race Against Dementia, a global charity founded by former racing driver Sir Jackie Stewart, to fund pioneering research into the prevention and cure of dementia.
- Casas del Bosque Cabernet Sauvignon
- Le Cadet du Château Claymore, Lussac St Emilion
Thursday 22nd October – ‘Rhone Rangers’
Another ‘Back to Basics’ session. Myth-busting the enigma that is French wine, specifically the Rhone region
- Cotes du Rhone Villages
- Le Pigeoulet des Brunier, Vaucluse
Thursday 8th October – An evening with Pedro & Angel Urbina
A tasting of ancient Rioja wines from the Urbina cellars.
- 2006 Reserva Especial
- 1999 Seleccion
- 1994 Gran Reserva
Thursday 20th August – ‘Romanian Night’
Two indigenous Romanian grape varieties.
- Budureasca Tamaioasa Romaneasca
- Castellum Dracula Feteasca Neagra
Thursday 13th August – Meet the Winemaker! Johnathan Grieve (aka ‘Jonty’) of Jonty’s Ducks
A winemaking triumph! Two stunning organic wines with a wonderful story to boot.
- Jonty’s Ducks Pekin White
- Jonty’s Ducks Pekin Red
Thursday 6th August – ‘Meet the Winemaker’ – Meinard Bloem from Casas del Bosque, Chile
- Casas del Bosque Carmenere Reserva – Smokey Aubergine Mini Pizzas
- Casas del Bosque Syrah Gran Reserva – Asian Beef Filo Tartlets
Thursday 30th July – Meet the ‘Flying’ Winemaker, John Weeks – Boom, Boom, Barossa!
- ARB – Big Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 – pairs with robust foods such as Lamb. John’s favourite would be Kangaroo and Portobello Mushrooms.
- Flinders Range Dicksonia Riesling 2018 – good acidity goes great with seafoods like oysters or seared scallops with coconut cream.
Thursday 23rd July: Meet the Winemaker – Ernst Loosen of Villa Wolf
- Villa Wolf Pinot Gris, Ernst Loosen
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, Ernst Loosen
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Ernst Loosen
Thursday 16th July: Greek Night!
- Vidiano 2018, Idaia Winery – Cheat Kachapuri
- Monemvasia Tsimbidi Red 2013 – Drunken Prunes with Charcuterie
Thursday 9th July: ‘Rioja ’round the Clock’
- Rioja Blanco ‘Akemi’, Ontanon
- Rioja Reserva 2015, Dominum
Sunday 5th July: Don’t mind if I Douro! All about Portugal.
- J M Fonseca Ripanco
Thursday 2nd July: Why not ‘Y Knot’? We love our house wines!
- Y Knot Verdejo
- Y Knot Tempranillo
Sunday 28th June: Bordeaux explained… a little
- Le Cadet du Chateau Claymore, Lussac St Emilion
Thursday 25th June: Meet the Winemakers! Gary & Kathy Jordan
- The Real McCoy Riesling, Jordan Estate
- The Prospector Syrah, Jordan Estate
Sunday 21st June: ‘Sweetie Sunday’
- Casas del Bosque Late Harvest Riesling
Or choose from our range of dessert wines here >
Thursday 18th June: Volcanic Wines – Boom!
- Tajinaste Listan Blanco, Lanzarote
- Aglianico Pompeiano, Mount Vesuvius
Sunday 14th June: Rosé Part Deux – so much to talk about!
- Domaine La Zouina Volubilia Rosé, Morocco
Thursday 11th June: Amadeus, Amadeus!
- Allram Gruner Veltliner ‘Strass’, Austria
- Arndorfer Gruner Veltliner ‘Strasser Weinberge, Austria
Sunday 7th June: Orange Wine!
- Baglio Antico Bianco IGP, Ciello 2018, Sicily – Special food pairing suggestions from Russian Revels. CLICK to read more
Thursday 4th June: Lebanese Night!
- Château Ksara Blanc de Blancs
- Château Ksara Le Prieure Rouge
Sunday 31st May: English / Welsh / Scottish but not ‘British!’
- Davenport Vineyards Horsmonden Dry White
Thursday 28th May: Simply Sauvignon Blanc
- Henri Bourgeois Sauvignon Blanc
- Casas del Bosque Sauvignon Blanc
Sunday 24th May: Sparkling Sunday!
- Jacques Bruere 2011 Blanc de Blancs Cap Classique
- Pignoletto Brut NV, Colli d’Imola
Thursday 21st May: Two Fat Piggies – let’s talk Bio-dynamics!
- Gran Cerdo Blanco, Gonzalo Gonzalo
- Gran Cerdo Tinto, Gonzalo Gonzalo
Sunday 17th May: Aussie Aussie Aussie!
- Philip Shaw ‘The Architect’ Chardonnay
- Simon Hackett Old Vine Grenache
Thursday 14th May: Curry Night!
- Sula Vineyards Viognier
- Sula Vineyards Shiraz
Sunday 10th May: Mad about Malbec!
- Finca Agostino Malbec
- Santa Julia Organic Malbec
7th May: ‘David and Goliath’
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir
- Casas del Bosque Syrah Gran Reserva
Sunday 3rd May – ‘Tickled Pink’!
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir Rosé
- Château d’Ollieres Provence Rosé
- Henri Bourgeois Sauvignon Blanc
- Bodega Urbina Rioja 1999
- Jordan Chardonnay
- Casas del Bosque Carmenere
- Laureatus Reveleste Albarino
- Castelforte Valpolicella Ripasso