100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE * FREE DELIVERY ON 12 BOTTLES * CALL US ON 020 3876 8008
These are a Puglian speciality (also known as Tarallini). Extremely moreish and perfect with cheese, meats and dips.
The perfect, palate cleansing accompaniment to almost anything. Very easy to make and once mastered you can add flarvours like chilli, fennel, oregano.
- 225g plain flour
- 5g sea salt
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml dry white wine
- Mix the flour and the salt in a bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the oil whilst stirring constantly.
- Slowly drizzle the wine and stir until absorbed
- Tip dough onto a work surface – you won’t need to flour it
- Knead for 10 mins until nice and smooth and you can give it a poke and it springs back slowly
- Take a piece the size of a medium sized grape and roll it into a sausage around 5mm thick.
- Bring the ends together and squeeze so you have a kind of circle.
- Place on a baking sheet and continue.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Drop in your circles in batches of 7 or 8.
- When they rise up to the top remove them (a slotted spoon is perfect for the job).
- Place on kitchen towel or a clean, dry, non fluffy tea towel.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the boiled Taralli on there after a minute drying on the towel.
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Spread the Taralli out so they are not touching (you will need a couple of trays at least).
- Bake for around 30 mins or until lightly golden – remove just before you think they look ready!
- Leave to cool for 30 mins.
Now get some cheese, meat and dips and a large glass of something Italian.
Tune in and enjoy a Hannibal Brown wine and food pairing – canapé recipes and wine pairing available in advance.